I am encouraging you to listen to Maureen Nunn. You will hear her speak about Communication in the Conversation area of this website. I have noticed that many problems a client brings to the office involve their form of expected communication with someone else.
The example list is long;
- “He didn’t say he was sorry.”
- “My daughter doesn’t speak to me.”
- “People ask me too many questions.”
- “People never ask me how I am doing. It is all about them.”
- “He yells at me all the time.”
It seems when someone has a problem with another it is about communication difficulties. The major hurdle is one’s inability to ask for what he needs from another. We ask for what we want of another with emotion, usually anger or fear, instead of with love.